Dominican College Sion Hill
Dominican College Sion Hill is one of the oldest girls’ secondary schools in Ireland. It was founded in 1836 in Blackrock, County Dublin. Its approach to education is based on the Dominican ideal of developing the whole person. Dominican College Sion Hill aims to help each of its 400 students to achieve her full potential academically, spiritually, emotionally and socially in a happy secure environment. Dominican College Sion Hill has a long tradition of playing hockey. They have teams participating in the Leinster Schoolgirls competitions. The teams are professionally coached and use the facilities of a brand-new hockey pitch as part of their new multi-sports facility.
- Full and comprehensive academic and extra-curricular programme.
- Daily after-school, supervised study provided
- Brand new sports grounds and pitches, completed in 2015
- Strong emphasis on social awareness, volunteering and charity work
- Debating is a popular activity with many successes in various competitions debating in English, French and German