The King’s Hospital
Sports and Art
Founded in 1669, The King’s Hospital is one of Ireland’s leading boarding schools. The school is located on an 80-acre site on the banks of the River Liffey just outside Dublin and boasts some of the best facilities in the country. The school prides itself on its traditions – among these are
daily worship in the school choir, the robed choir and its special House system for boarding. The supportive atmosphere that exists amongst the whole school community stems from the fact that 50% of the staff actually live on the campus, some with their families, and interact with the pupils 7 days a week offering ongoing pastoral, academic and cultural support to all.
- One of Ireland’s leading boarding schools
- Outstanding sporting facilities, including an indoor heated swimming pool and astro-turf tennis courts.
- Also boasts a 300-seater theatre to support students’ artistic pursuits.
- Unrivalled choice of extra-curricular activities including carpentry, wood- turning, electronics, pottery, chess, and photography.
- A full Guidance Department to help students identify their skills, talents and potential and o er career-guidance.