John Scottus School
Year and Term
Philosophy and Classical Languages
Founded in 1986 by a group of like-minded parents studying philosophy, the School’s ethos has
a philosophical base, and at its centre holds the aspiration that each pupil will see themselves
as unlimited, empowering them to discover their own unique talent. Self-discovery, Resilience and Universality are at the heart of a John Scott education. In this way, John Scottus offers an extremely unique educational experience. It is one of the smaller schools on our portfolio with 150 students enrolled. The school is housed in a beautiful Georgian building on the main route to Dublin’s city centre.
- Mindfulness, resilience and meditation is taught at the school to ‘instil in pupils a robust inner self-belief.’
- International and multi-denominational ethos: students & staff come from over 18 countries representing 24% of the school population.
- Offers a unique Classics programme, including Sanskrit, Greek, Latin & Philosophy studies
- Boasts a Senior Cycle Academy, providing personalised academic mentoring, career guidance & advice on maintaining well-being & personal development.
- Very well-serviced by public transport and only 1km from Dublin’s city centre