Newtown School was founded in 1798 by the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers). The ideals of its founders still inspire the School which today educates boys and girls for life in the 21st century.Newtown School shares a way of life rather than a set of beliefs. The School believes that ‘there is that of God in everyone’ and recognise no barriers of colour, class or gender. The school aims to foster a sense of caring for others and to communicate a set of values which reflects a balance between the material and the spiritual.
- Newtown School is situated on an 18-acre site in Waterford city with wonderfully mature grounds and trees
- Teaching facilities includes Science Laboratories, dedicated Technical Graphics room with computer design suite, Horticultural Garden and two Art rooms/Pottery Room
- The music department motto is “Get involved! And practice makes perfect!” The School has a dedicated music centre, Individual practice rooms, and Orchestra/Choir rehearsal room
- Sporting facilities include a heated indoor swimming pool, flood-lit, astro-turf sports pitch, Rugby pitches, Cricket pitch and Tennis courts
- Newtown School is committed to a mixed ability intake and to fostering adaptability, self-motivation, confidence and a sense of responsibility among all students and staff